Embarcadero Technologies (recently acquired by IDERA), a leading provider of software solutions for application development, today released the 10.1 versions of RAD Studio™, C++Builder® and Delphi®. The updated products, dubbed “10.1 Berlin,” feature an array of new and enhanced capabilities, including significant Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity improvements and new, multi-device preview options to greatly increase developer productivity.
New Features and Benefits
- New FireUI Capabilities – FireUI multi-device preview allows developers to visually build mobile and desktop applications and customize them at design time for different form factors and operating systems. FireUI app preview lets developers see their FireMonkey application on iOS, Android, OSX and Windows targets as they are designing it, with changes made in the FMX designer shown in real time.
- Broad IoT Connectivity – Core technology enhancements to Embarcadero ThingWare™, ThingConnect™ and ThingPoints™ empower developers to easily add IoT connectivity to their apps, including more Bluetooth, BLE, Wi-Fi and Android wear support and features. GetIt libraries provide access to turn off-the-shelf and custom IoT smart devices, sensors and wearables into easy-to-use API components.
- New Installer – Makes installation and trial a more seamless, trouble-free experience, reducing start-up time from hours to just minutes. Customers can install as much or as little as they want, with additional features that can be added later or whenever needed.
- Native Platform Enhancements – Improvements in native toolchain and platform components include compiler, libraries, FireMonkey, VCL, Windows 10 and mobile. Compilers comprise seven Object Pascal and seven C++ compilers, including CLANG 3.3 and complete C++ 11 language support.
- Enterprise Strong – Optimized enterprise database access and enterprise service architecture accelerate the development and deployment of cross-platform applications across multiple desktop, mobile, cloud and database platforms.